Friday, February 12, 2010

Kiddie Shorts




I whipped up these shorts a couple weeks ago for my kids...I know summer seems a long way off to some of you. Here in the desert summer comes fast and brutally though so I'm getting a jump on it.

I had some remnant material that my daughter fell in love with (the dollies) and there was just enough for some shorts. The fabric for my son's shorts I bought before Christmas with the intention of a button up shirt but that never happened. Instead I've used it for shorts and I'm working on some Easter baskets too. The Easter baskets I will be listing on my Etsy store if anyone is interested. I like to call them "Boxets" because the look boxy but they are adorable!

Anyway, back to the shorts...they are super simple and quick to make. I just used a pattern that I had for elastic waisted pants and shortened them. And since both kids have about the same waist size it was even easier. All you need is fabric (I think I used about 1/2 - 2/3 yd for each pair) and about 18" of 3/4" wide elastic (for a size 3-5 child). It took about 20 minutes or so to make one pair. I would like to post the pattern but not sure how to go about that. I will have to look into it as I would love to share it with you all!

Well, I'm off for now...sew much to do and so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to make hot chocolate

Powered By Blogger