Thursday, January 7, 2010

Blog beginnings

Let me start by saying that I'm probably not the most entertaining blogger nor do I use eloquent metaphors. I think I do have a decent grasp on the English language however and can get my point across when needed!

I'll be honest, the main reason for starting my blog is the hope that it will drive more people to my Etsy and Ebay stores. I have been selling on Ebay for a long time and Etsy for almost two years. I've read of many sellers becoming much more successful after creating blogs. But to drive traffic to my online merchantiles isn't my sole reason for this blog. I also want to share/exchange patterns and crafting tips with my counterparts out in cyberland.

I have found so many unique and wonderful crochet patterns on blogs. My problem is I'm terrible at reading patterns and it takes me FOREVER to get through a new one...can you say A.D.D.? That is why I went to YouTube when I wanted to learn to knit. If I had relied soley on written instructions I would still be trying to figure out what casting on is!

Well I guess that's all for now so I'll close my first blog with a quote that I really like:

Those that are the most successful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to make hot chocolate

Powered By Blogger